Thursday, May 29, 2008

New Images

Well,

I am back from Japan now. Not much has changed over there. It is still the Japan I remember other than the TV celebrities are a little different and younger.

While I was there I worked on two images. One was an update of Rick and the other was a possible rendition of Maria. I took two photographs of models I felt had the feel and looks that I was going for and them modified and recolored them in Photoshop.

Let me know what you think.

Here are the two the images of Rick and Maria



3 comments:

Barett Coontail said...

I like the one of Rick, it's got this real Hero look to it, like he just saved the world. It's good to see some color, see how blond he is. Maria is very pretty, I like her bone structure, and eyes. Were you thinking of doing Maria's like the one of Rick ?

Rick Coontail said...

I would like to go and get some pastel pencils and try a few things in my sketch book. So yes, I am planning on doing them both in the same style.

Dave Crockett Coontail said...

I like how the color pencil gives off a texture to make Rick look furry. I dig the strawberry blonde hair. It is much as I imagined. Also, I didn't know Rick had blue eyes. I thought his were either hazel or a light brown. One suggestion. Perhaps you could include the signature ringtail mask. Basically, it is an area of white fur that surrounds the eyes, snout, and mouth like a roman helmet.

The one of maria is interesting in that she has partial looks, but no fur. Your photoshop work is impressive. I would like to attempt something similar by drawing Dave in the cartoonish, cell shaded Grand Theft Auto style. It would look very 80s, like those Nagel pictures as on Duran Duran's Rio album.